Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins Portion: Serves 2
This nutrient-dense recipe is not only packed with vitamins, minerals and proteins but fortified with calcium for greater bone strength.
- 200g of pumpkin, steamed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- ½ medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 150g of silken tofu
- 600ml of vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ tbsp of sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Add sunflower oil to a large pot over medium heat. Stir fry garlic and onion for about 5 mins or till soft and fragrant.
- Add steamed pumpkin and cover with stock. Leave it to simmer over medium heat, for 5 - 10 mins.
- Add silken tofu and cook for 2 - 3 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add soup to a blender and blend till smooth. Serve and enjoy!