Prep: 10 mins Cook: 10 mins Portion: Serves 2
Fish is a good quality protein that is low in fat and easy to digest. The high protein content in fish appears to be related to preservation of muscle mass. Pair up with local greens for a delicious and balanced dish.
- 200g of threadfin fillet, skin left on
- 1 garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp of kecap manis (sweet black sauce)
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of soya bean oil
- 150g of vegetables (cai xin)
- ½ tbsp of light soya sauce
- ½ tbsp of oyster sauce
- In a small bowl, combine kecap manis, lime juice, and garlic. Add fish and coat well. Marinade for 20 mins.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium fire. Cook fish for 3 - 4 mins on each side, brushing occasionally with marinade.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan over medium fire. Stir-fry vegetables with oyster and soy sauce for 1 - 2 mins until they just begin to wilt.
- Serve hot with brown rice.