New GameOn Nila! Total Defence Trail launched, as part of Total Defence Day celebrations
L to R: Ms Hameiza Chia (GameOn Nila! Ambassador), Mr Edwin Tong (Minister for Culture, Community and Youth), Mr Sng Hock Lin (Chief, ActiveSG), Mr Lim Teck Yin (CEO, Sport Singapore), Mr Sean Chia (GameOn Nila! Ambassador)
The new GameOn Nila! Total Defence Trail was launched by Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Mr Edwin Tong as part of the Total Defence Day Commemoration Event on 15 February 2022.
The Total Defence Trail is a collaboration between Sport Singapore and Nexus, MINDEF. This edition features curated walking trails leading to six locations representing the six pillars of Total Defence. The locations are:
1. The Float @Marina Bay
2. NTUC Learning Hub
3. Civil Defence Heritage Gallery
4. Asian Civilisations Museum
5. National Museum of Singapore
6. National Library
The exploration of the GameOn Nila! Total Defence Trail on foot encourages Singaporeans to keep active while learning more about Singapore’s history and the actions that individuals, communities and businesses can take to keep the country safe, strong and independent.
More trail locations are set to be released later in March 2022.
How to Participate
- The GameOn Nila! Total Defence Trail campaign begins on 15 February 2022 and will be available till 30 April 2022.
- The trail can be found on the ActiveSG mobile application available on both Android and iOS devices from 15 February 2022 onwards.
- Participants will have to sign up as an ActiveSG member to access the game. After registering for the game, participants can earn Active Points by clocking steps via an in-app step tracker or by scanning geo-tagged QR codes displayed at landmarks part of the Total Defence Trail.
- The Active Points can then be used to ballot for attractive prizes.
GameOn Nila! Ambassadors
Together with the launch of the Total Defence Trail, Sport Singapore also introduced its first batch of GameOn Nila! Ambassadors. Comprising 10 Team Nila volunteers, pioneer GameOn Nila! Ambassadors helped to set up and test the new Total Defence Trail, ensuring that QR codes were in good working order and were visible to members of the public.
They will also play a part in walking existing trails, maintaining the QR codes and helping to report and replace defective ones.
“It was an educational and enriching experience for us as a family to help set up the GameOn Nila! Total Defence Trail,” shared Hameiza Chia, 50, a Team Nila volunteer who helped set up the Total Defence Trail together with her husband and two sons.
“We got to learn more about places and landmarks that are important to Total Defence while bonding and getting some exercise as a family.”
To sign up as a Team Nila volunteer or GameOn Nila! Ambassador, visit www.go.gov.sg/tnsignup